IberSelect Iberia Food Fund
IberSelect Iberia Food Fund (ISIFF) invests in food and/or beverages related companies in Spain or Portugal.
The food chain
The food chain consist of the following businesses:
- Raw materials (farming, fishing etc.)
- Food processing
- Marketing, sales and logistics
- Food preparation (cooking, catering, restaurants)
Brilliant business models in food
ISIFF is interested to participating in companies meeting the following profile?
- based in Spain or Portugal;
- having a core business in food processing, marketing and or sales (so not raw materials or food preparation);
- having a business model that is or can be transformed into profitable, scalable, affordable, healthy and sustainable products / processes;
- having the capacity for (international) growth as a result of an investment in cash and expertise (doubling turnover and profitability in max 5 years must be a realistic target);
- or to supporting companies without a successor for the current owner to a sale of shares in 1-2 years.
All ISIFF investments are meant for (international) growth and to increasing shareholders value.
The investment is not only in cash, but also in expertise. All partners/investors of ISIFF are or were senior executives in international business. They offer their expertise, management competences and networks in distribution channels. ISIFF can supply a non-executive director to the board.
In return for the investments ISIFF receives a share in the company reflecting the investments. A sale-back of the shares to the current owner(s) in 2-5 years’ time can be agreed.
In the case of preparation for a sale of the company, the current owner and ISIFF share the extra value created.